I have a list of “fight songs” that I listen to on my daily jogs. I have labeled this song playlist “Survival”. It helps me re-energize and focus on my goals.
I have chosen to list 33 songs, because I will be turning 33 in July, and I have a feeling this may be a big year for me in some ways, at a personal and professional level. More importantly, it is symbolic for me, as my little sister told me a few years back that 33 is the age we will be in heaven. So at age 33, I want to feel my best, and be my healthiest, even as I continue to fight my illness and work hard to achieve my short term and long term goals.
So here is my “survival” list of songs (in no particular order) that have currently been lifting my spirit and helping me stay motivated and empowered…. I hope they help you too.
- Fly – Nicki Minaj
- Brave – Sara Barelles
- Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
- Alive – Sia
- Rise Up – Adra Day
- Rise – Katy Perry
- Warrior – Demi Lovato
- Roar – Katy Perry
- Human – Christina Perri
- Masterpiece – Jessie J
- Who You Are – Jessie J
- Fight Song – Rachel Platten
- Purple Rain – Prince
- I Won’t Give up – Jason Mraz
- Survivor – Destiny’s Child
- SkyScraper – Demi Lovato
- Unwritten – Natasha Bedingfield
- I Believe I can Fly – Yolanda Adams rendition
- Titanium – David Guetta (featuring Sia)
- Firework – Katy Perry
- Moment 4 Life – Nicki Minaj
- I love me – Meghan Trainor and LunchMoney Lewis
- Scars to your beautiful – Alessia Cara
- Me too – Meghan Trainor
- Confident – Demi Lovato
- Kill Em With Kindness – Selena Gomez
- Girl On Fire – Alicia Keys – (featuring Nicki Minaj)
- The Greatest – Sia
- Pocket full of Sunshine – Natasha Bedingfield
- Save Me – Nicki Minaj
- Airplanes – B.O.B. (featuring Haley Williams of Paramore)
- Sit still, Look Pretty – Daya
- I Love Myself – Hailee Steinfeld
There are more, but these have been in on the top of my list more recently…As noted earlier, 33 seemed like a good number.
If you have any suggestions of songs that might be good to add to this list, please feel free to suggest them in the comment sections below.